“I’m not everyone’s cup of tea, and I don’t pretend to be. My big goal in life is not to be liked; it’s to hopefully be respected. But, I don’t really care if people like me or not”. – Ben Settle
14 years ago Ben Settle was a broke copywriter. Then one day he got a call from an internet marketer who gave him the opportunity to write an ad for an unproven product. He wrote the ad in a way that went against what all top copywriters were doing and what copywriting courses advocated.
He hasn’t looked back.
Over the past 15 years, he’s written ads, constructed campaigns and devised marketing strategies that have earned his clients millions of dollars. He has established himself as the world leader in email copywriting through his alternative approach.
Today he shares daily email tips (sometimes more than daily) to his subscriber list. To sign-up visit BenSettle.com and you’ll also receive a free copy of this $97/month “Email Players” Newsletter.
Now on to the interview which covers the following (and more):
- How he got into copywriting
- How he manages to generate so much daily content
- The best piece of advice someone gave him.
- His secrets to success
- What advice he would give other freelance writers and copywriters who want to break into the industry
- The biggest setbacks he’s faced in his career and how he overcame them
- Advice on how to sharpen your writing skills
- What keeps him motivated
Click play and enjoy. Also, if you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the comments section below.