“I write books and I help writers.” – Jeff Goins
On Goins, Writer, Jeff shares his thoughts on writing, life, and creative work with the goal of helping writers get their work out into the world.
While Jeff has achieved much success, the journey wasn’ an easy one. For many years Jeff was a struggling, frustrated freelance writer. Many also don’t know that Jeff launched 8 other failed blogs before finding success with Goins, Writer.
In this interview, we talk about his experience as a freelance writer and the life-changing conversation he had with his friend, Paul, which got him blogging. We also look at:
- What a platform is
- How to build a platform (we get insights from how Jeff built a 10,000 strong subscriber base in his first year)
- Jeff’s Tribe Writers course that helps writers get their first 1000 subscribers and earn $1000 from their writing. It’ll help you find your unique message, find your audience and build your platform. It’s an 8-week course with four modules.
- How to transition from your day job to writing full-time by building bridges instead of taking leaps
- The one thing Jeff wished he’d known when he started writing
- Who Jeff’s mentors are and why you should have one
- The “Case Study” strategy for finding mentors
- Myth artists need to get rid of to thrive
There’s also much more. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section and if you want to connect with Jeff, visit his website.
Exclusive Interview with Writer Jeff Goins
Want more interviews like these? Head on over to our writer and reader interviews.